Thursday, August 31, 2006

Good Stuff and Bad Stuff

I mean, c'mon, let's all admit it. We can't avoid it. Can not.

29th of August, 2006

Henry, Raphie and I had been walking around after the (complete disaster of a) Pep Rally. I asked KOG some time later what it took to be a staffer.

A personal message: I have expressed sincere interest and promised perpetual support for the position. I am a passionate person at heart. What more do you want? Perhaps I ought to have "PICK ME! PICK ME!" tattooed on my goddamn forehead, as well?

Kaizer...

30th of August, 2006

The long, loooong-awaited gimmick!

I was at home, watching this movie with Andrew (my brother Andrew, not my classmate Andrew, because that would just be weird) about a guy named Jack Taylor, who has a daughter, and a woman named Melanie Parker, who has a son. They meet, on fine day, and instantly hit it off, fighting but at the same time falling for each other, all the way until the end of the day when... well, I don't know. I left before the end of the movie.

It's beautiful, really. Jack was played by George Clooney, and Melanie by Michelle Pfeiffer. Have you guessed the name of the movie, yet? ONE FINE DAY!!!!!!!!

I wanna watch it again. Hehehe... Hey guess what! Mae Whitman plays Maggie Taylor, George's character's daughter. (Henry, you get the significance already, don't you?) You probably all know of Mae Whitman because....

She voices Katara on Avatar! (Yes, Henry, the bells in your head are RINGING).

Quotable Quotes:
Melanie: So do you agree [to watch the kids for me]?
Jack: I'll agree if you say "Jack, please be my knight in shining armor.".
Melanie: Jack, don't be a shithead.

Anyway, so I get to PowerPlant and walk around because no one's here yet, but I am told by Walter that he, Charlene and Andrew (Yap.) would be arrive in thirty (it was eleven at the time).

So later on, they text me and I catch them stepping off the escalator. Then I start following them around and take pictures. It's quite a bit later before Walter catches me.

So we start walking around, and for some reason, beeline to the KTV room in PowerStation where Charlene proceeds to let me listen to 三年二班 San Nian Er Ban, which is so freaking cool-sounding that I asked her to send it to me the next time she catches me online. I then proceed to reference the Biconditional, which she then references to the Rascal Flatts from the night before. Hehe...

So anyway, Walter sings Hands Down and he and Andrew sing another song later when all of a sudden, Kenn arrives. The New Blue Crew is now complete! Condign.

Sim--I mean Kenn, and L--I mean Charlene sing 晴天, which I video (I'll give it to you if you ask real nice) and we beat it. We decide we want to eat lunch, but I find out from Kenn that Jackie and Catherine are here. As I camwhore Kenn and Charlene, Walter and Andrew begin to play some zombie-shooting game. Kenn, Charlene and I see Jackie in Bayo (boy, she really WAS serious about shopping here!) so we go and surprise them. Cath walking out of the fitting room with a top smaller than her head was not what I was expecting.

So we walk around, run around looking for each other, then I camwhore Char and Kenn from above (hehehe) until she sees me and screams (in a crowded shopping mall) and we all decide to go down to the food-level to eat. Walter's nose suddenly starts to bleed, so we remedy that, and then go to Mediterranean to eat. It wasn't... very nice. But oh well.

So we pay the check, and after much camwhoring, leave to go ... KTV! Again. So as Charlene sang her heart out (you HAVE to listen to her sing Faith Hill's There You'll Be... poetry in motion), and we powerstationed and powerstationed (Charlene beat the top score of 6900++ with a whopping 8032!) So we all have fun until we all decide to go down to Parking Level 3 where I immediately grab shots, and then proceed to cajole Charlene about doing the trampoline jumping thing. Charlene was, for some odd, odd reason, worried about weighing too much. HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY WEIGH TOO MUCH WITH A BODY LIKE THAT??? Jesus.

So she can do it, and even though Cath and Jackie and everyone are scared shitless at the thought of doing it (except Walter, who weighs a bit too much to jump), they're all urging her to go do it because it's a "once-in-a-lifetime experience". Well, you know, Cath/Jackie, it doesn't HAVE to be only once in your lifetime... *hint, hint*

I buy myself a ticket to jump, and maybe it's because it's been such a long, damn time since I last did it, but despite my absolute, unwavering confidence, when I first felt the tug of the bungee cords on my body, pulling me up, up, uuuup, and then those heebie-jeebies from quickly falling down, down, dooown.... well, let's just say my heart skipped a few beats and the blood froze in my veins.

"Oh, shit."

But it was great, because after bouncing a bit, the fear ebbed away and there was this powerful feeling of flying and being able to reach the sky somewhere in those five minutes of pure bliss peppered with failed backflips and failed front flips, and a gaping Charlene.

Kenn, Walter and Christian came by a tad later--while I was still jumping, no less. Anyway, jump, jump, jump...

So Charlene decided to try it. First, she climbed one wall while Walter and Kenn traversed (and we were all sweating like hell). Then, she hooked herself up on the harness and got to bouncing, and she did the most unexpected thing.

She screamed. And again, and again, and again...

Okay, maybe not so unexpected. But it was good. The feeling was wonderful, wasn't it, Char?

Video-ed her! Haha.

So as Katan tries her hand at it, we all... did a very bad thing.

Suffice it to say that while we were off, buying her Starbuck's... something happened.

And it caused a sort of downward-spiral in the mood of the day.

Because we hadn't even gotten to Starbucks when Katan materialized behind us.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Anyway, we went up to check on The Devil Wears Prada, but Kenn and I got to talking and suddenly asks me to go the bathroom where he explains everything to satisfaction and we rejoin the other people. Turns out, Andrew couldn't watch anymore, so we all decided to just screw and walk around with nothing to talk about. Christian was eating some kind of mushroom-and-egg crepe thing.

So we walk. And talk. And for some reason, go to Humor Post and take pics of people kissing stuffed toys, and PowerStation again (the boredom saver), where we camwhore some more and ride this weird vibrating ride with Jackie, before Kenn has to suddenly go, and Katan and Mark Keng have to suddenly go, and then Charlene, Walter and Andrew have to go, and Jackie, Christian, Catherine and I are left.

We talk about a lot of nice things, I order a Java Chip Frapp or something like that and drink with them in those tall table things beside the concession stand at the movies, then chat the time away until it's time to go.

But as I leave, I realize the night has only begun. I have another night out with Rachel, Courtney, Uncle Richard, Auntie Bambie, my brothers, Rhea and Billy.

But this one, I think I'd like to keep to myself. Let the pictures speak for themselves.

31st of August, 2006

Yep, today, I FINALLY got my report card back. The whole class was almost hopping on the edges of their seats when Examen came. The fact that there was still this annoying Examen in between us and those blessed sheets of cardboard made me so gosh darn irascible I almost stood up and took the cards myself. Then afterwards, Mr. Asis was all "I won't distribute the cards unless the classroom is clean."

Oh but this morning, since I got home really late last night, I decided to just sleep in until about 7:30, when I finally got my lazy (tired, actually, and with good reason) to move. I got to school at about 10:07, when Mr. Sy just dismissed the class. Lol.

Anyway, so here are the much-awaited grades!


Christian Life Education :: 90
English :: 88 (I know, right?)
Filipino :: 90
Mathematics :: 92
Chinese :: 97
Science :: 89
Social Science :: 92
Overall.... 2ND HONORS, BITCHES!!!! And a Chinese award. I'm content.
Funny conversation with Waldon:
Waldon: (talks about how he was expecting an 84 in Math, but got an 89 instead) Feeling ko dinoctor yan ni Manatad.
Me: Did you sleep with him?
Waldon: *gives me a weird look* Manatad is a girl.
Me: ... so you mean you don't sleep with girls?
Waldon: NO!!! Kasi sabi mo "him"!
R.O.F.L.!

No comments: