Friday, August 11, 2006

Bit of The Past

http://www.xanga.com/oh_cali

Her name is Carla Lizardo. We have history.

See, as a child, I used to play Badminton regularly, and the place where I trained happened to be the place where she trained, too. Now, I once tried out to join Batang Pinoy. We happened to be in the same team.

Now, I'll admit that I certainly wasn't the nicest person or easiest to get along with back then. And that's probably why I didn't get along with these girls (i.e. Carla, Lisa, Janina and Chibby). Well, I mean of course we were civil, but you couldn't call that budding friendship no matter how you broke it down or analyzed it. So I left Valle Verde in seventh grade because I wanted to take a break from Badminton and that was the end of that.

Now, all these years later, when I've left that sordid part of my life in the distant, distant past, she has to go and leave a reply on my old blog (which I don't even use anymore) about the Soph Night. Now I don't know why she's suddenly decided to intrude into my life again but it did more than just kick up some long-settled dust. It's stirred some reflection.

Way back when, I saw her as a bitch. But then, I was an asshole. Age brought a lot of maturity, depth, understanding and compassion on my part. Why not hers, too?

Hmm... by reading her blog, it's fairly obvious that she and Jasper were on for a while. Hence, soph night.

Well, I don't know. And I won't really bother to sniff her out and talk to her. Or any of them. It's been a long time coming, and that part of my life is and has officially been in the past for quite some time now. I don't want it back, either.

Elsewhere...

It's been a rather long week. Somewhere around dismissal time, while I was walking around with Charles after I'd helped him with Chinese, I realized that today was Friday. Meaning that there were no classes tomorrow. Meaning that I did not have to do a speck of homework tonight. Meaning that I could sleep early!

Yes, you see, I've lacked sleep for the past few nights because this week, the week before the Quarterly Tests, is Hell Week, as it is traditionally called by Xaverians of generations past. Meaning that all the lessons, homeworks and quizzes that the teachers had not been able to give in the duration of the quarter were crammed into this week. Yet I survived!

Uhuh, today is indeed the blessed Friday. That moment when I realized I was free, and all that was left between me and freedom was Gate 14, I nearly yelled out in joy. This was the very moment that I had been fantasizing about since I woke up on Monday morning. I savored it til I was almost sick of it, and walked out of Xavier a free man.

Elsewhere...

I was rifling through some old stuff in our room when I came across this card.

It said:

Chen yi hui
陳奕輝
Ken Tan

Yep. That's my old teacher from fifth grade (fifth grade... everything seems to have happened in fifth grade...), Ken Tan. Sadly, it's only got a long-distance number and a cellphone number. He gave this to me back in 5th grade, so I have no idea if it's still the same or not.

Wonder where he is now...

周杰倫 - 髮如雪

狼牙月 伊人憔悴
我舉杯 飲盡了風雪
是誰打翻前世柜 惹塵埃是非
緣字訣 幾番輪回
你鎖眉 哭紅顏喚不回
縱然青史已經成灰
我愛不滅 繁華如三千東流水
我只取一瓢愛了解 只戀你化身的蝶

你髮如雪 凄美了離別
我焚香感動了誰
邀明月 讓回憶皎潔
愛在月光下完美
你髮如雪 紛飛了眼淚
我等待蒼老了誰
紅塵醉 微醺的歲月
我用無悔 刻永世愛你的碑

啦儿啦 啦儿啦 啦儿啦儿啦
啦儿啦 啦儿啦 啦儿啦儿啦
銅鏡映無邪 扎馬尾
你若撒野 今生我把酒奉陪
啦儿啦 啦儿啦 啦儿啦儿啦
啦儿啦 啦儿啦 啦儿啦儿啦
銅鏡映無邪 扎馬尾
你若撒野 今生我把酒奉陪

No comments: