Sunday, August 13, 2006

Phone Conversations In The Deep of the Night, Yeah


I came across a startling realization last night while chatting with Walter:

I have never spoken to Charlene or Kenn on the phone. Ever.

Now that's just odd, because I've been friends with them for quite some time now, and you'd think that I'd have had the sense to call them up at least once. But noooo, I didn't.

So I did. Walter gave me Charlene's number and I called her up. Throughout the duration of the call, we were able to translate Huang Hun into English, and discuss SINDAKAN in Days. Hmmm...

So I told her I'd go to sleep, but after I hung up, I seriously couldn't. So I thought, why the hell not? I IM-ed Kenn and asked for his landline.

So we started talking, and then at about 10:30, he had to go. So we said bye.

Now one of the things that had become startlingly apparent to me was that it was very weird hearing their voices but not having their physical forms in front of me. It was like this scary echo of sorts. I don't know... I guess I'm just so accustomed to having their faces in front of me along with their voices I was thrown off a bit.

I mean I literally felt blind when I heard Char's voice on the other line go "HEY, AL!"

Interesting.

Elsewhere, the other day, Stanly read my Maikling Kwento in Filipino. But I didn't know. It was Ryle who asked for it, and I thought he was just going to inspect the format. Then Stanly handed me back the paper and I suddenly panicked. It's like, "Oh no! He's gonna see how sucky it is! I must burn it! BURN IT!"

And then I see Stanly's face all happy and he was all, "Ang ganda." And I was taken aback and sort of just froze while I was processing those words. Wait, what?

He even asked me to send it to him so he could edit his own work a bit. So now Ryle and Kenn were all excited about it. Hmmm...

Now for those of you who don't know, Stanly is like the Filipino-God. So praise from him is like WHOA.

Yesterday, he sent me his work. Now this is way better than anything I could come up with because it's straightforward (without all those Messy Symbolisms), there's an ending but it's not a happy one. And I personally enjoyed how he retained his Stanly-ness in the story instead of completely changing his persona, like I'm wont to do.

Seriously, ask him for it. Despite a small abruptness in mood at the start, I'd say 5/5.

Charlene also introduced to me this wonderful, wonderful song this morning:

藉口 by 周杰倫

翻著我們的照片
想念若隱若現
去年的冬天
我們笑得很甜
看著妳哭泣的臉
對著我說再見
來不及聽見
妳已走得很遠
也許妳已經放棄我
也許已經很難回頭
我知道是自己錯過
請再給我一個理由說妳不愛我

就算是我不懂
能不能原諒我
請不要把分手當作妳的請求
我知道堅持要走是妳受傷的藉口
請妳回頭
我會陪妳一直走到最後
就算沒有結果
我也能夠承受
我知道妳的痛
是我給的承諾
妳說給過我縱容
沉默是因為包容
如果要走
請妳記得我
如果難過
請妳忘了我

No comments: