Wednesday, August 16, 2006

When I Get Where I'm Going (Brad Paisley and Dolly Parton)

It only proves that country music is indeed the best g-dang music you'll ever hear on this Earth.

I LOVE COUNTRY!

When I get where I'm going, on the far side of the sky
The first thing that I'm gonna do is spread my wings and fly

I'm gonna land beside a lion and run my fingers through his mane
Or I might find out what it's like to ride a drop of rain.

Yeah, when I get where I'm going, there'll be only happy tears
I will shed the sins and struggles I have carried all these years
And I'll leave my heart wide open
I will love and have no fear
Yeah, when I get where I'm going, don't cry for me down here


I'm gonna walk with my grand daddy
And he'll match me step for step
And I'll tell him how I missed him every minute since he left
And then I'll hug his neck.

Yeah, when I get where I'm going, there'll be only happy tears
I will shed the sins and struggles I have carried all these years
And I'll leave my heart wide open
I will love and have no fear
Yeah, when I get where I'm going, don't cry for me down here

So much pain and so much darkness in this world we stumble through
All these questions I can't answer
So much work to do

But when I get where I'm going, and I see my maker's face
I'll stand forever in the light of his amazing grace

Yeah, when I get where I'm going
Oh, when I get where I'm going, there'll be only happy tears
Hallelujah
I will love and have no fear when I get where I'm going
Yeah, when I get where I'm going...


***

First day of the First Quarterly Tests today. I had Social Science and Science.

Now, last night, I invested more than four hours of study to Social Science--and I was still so unsure of so many items!

And there was this essay question that required us to ennumerate effing-FOUR leaders of Athens and what they contributed to its Democracy. I about flipped. WE WERE ONLY TAUGHT THREE!!! And then in Science--which I invested about 35 minutes of study too (and just before the test, during recess, at that), I got only 4 mistakes, tops.

F- you too, whoever you gods of Irony out there are.

God I'm sleepy. I just kept yawning...

Oh, we had Mr. Lacon (Guidance department) for Social Science and a Ms. Martinez (Filipino department) for Science. She was very Ms. Aragoncillo/Mrs. Inahe like. Very... yes, I will quote Henry, saucy.

I have tutor for Math later. I hate life. HATE LIFE!

But at least C.L.E. and English tomorrow will pose no threat. An hour and a half for both of them, at the most.

Well, done ranting now. I can look forward to a good, new life after the exams.

Plus, I have basins (what are basins in Filipino? What does that mean to you?) to get. Eagh. Friday!

It's all gonna end on Friday. Friday.


No comments: