Saturday, August 05, 2006

Today's Little Story

Let me tell you a story.

There was once a little boy who had a beautiful cream-colored towel. It was soft, texture like a bird's down, so he quite enjoyed sifting through the soft threads and hugging his towel on cold mornings before he bathed. The brilliant yellowish shade reminded him of the meekly blowing autumn trees with marigold and vermillion leaves that bled together as they left their homes on the high branches. It reminded him of the sepia sunrise of a far-away country he had been forced to leave behind. It reminded him of the napkins in one of his favorite seafood-Chinese restaurants where he'd learned to eat Beef Wok. So it was not just a towel.

Then one day, one of his brother's friends came over to their house and slept over. Now this friend had a skin disease, so the little boy's mother was rather wary of him.
He awoke the next morning and he found he had no towel with which to dry off with when he had bathed. The little boy's mother thought to herself, "My little boy is but a child. He will not know it if I take advantage of him. I will take his soft cream towel and give it to our guest to use."

And so she did.

The guest thought highly of them when he left, for he was given such a lovely cream towel to use, like silk on his skin. But the towel was infected with his disease, so the mother thought it correct to burn the towel, for she could not very well let her little boy use it again.

And so she did.

When the little boy came home and found what she had done, he was devastated. The mother thought she could make it up to him. Now, he has several new toys and a pretty blue towel.

But he misses his soft cream towel.


Raining You by Brad Paisley

Well, I looked out today and saw that the sky was gray,
And I thought about the way you loved days like this

Driving into town, it really started coming down
Bringing me back around to all that I miss

It feels like it's rainin' you
It feels like it's rainin' you

I didn't even run inside or worry about staying dry
Besides, there's nowhere I can hide these feelings now

Running down my face
Takes me to another place
I can't think of a better way to drown

It feels like it's rainin' you
I can't explain it, but I am baptized anew
It feels like it's rainin' you

If I had my way, it would do this every day
I would never see the sun
Because the closest I get to holding you again
Is every time that sky opens up

It feels like it's rainin' you
I can't explain it, but I am baptized anew
It feels like it's rainin' you
It feels like it's rainin' you...

No comments: