Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Rebuttal

Remember when I said yesterday that I was warming up to Fr. Guy?

Well, I think--no, I know--I've just frozen over again.

I hate his fucking nerve.

How dare he generalize that all of us in the class are spoiled brats? What the hell is wrong with him? Was he traumatized by rich kids on the playground when he was a kid, such that he now decides to vent it on us?

He has absolutely no right to assume that all of us are Paris Hiltons that have never had work on his hands. That's absolutely wrong, and it's about time someone beat some sense into that overly bald head of his.

"How many shoes do you have?", he says. "How many pairs of feet do you have?" he says. "Can you wear all your shoes?" he says.

Well, my dear friend, I'd like to inform you that not every god damn Xaverian you meet is an Imelda wannabe. Can you accept that? I don't care! Live with it! You have no right to judge a person before you meet him.

I am not going to get along with this Guy (pun fucking intended) for any sustained period of time.

And it's not just brats that he apparently generalizes, too.

Now, he has the gall to generalize feelings. Yes, feelings. Feelings that he has no right to generalize. How does he know he's experienced the complete spectrum of human emotion? There is no basis. In English, we call this a Dicto Simpliciter (don't try to analyze it. I didn't put the necessary clauses to qualify this as a Dicto Simpliciter. In real life, I just know that it is).

Here's basically what he said:

Freedom = Peace.
Unfreedom = Dissatisfaction.

If you want to know whether something is pro-freedom or anti-freedom, base it on the feelings.
Freedom will bring you peace. Unfreedom will bring you dissatisfaction.

When you break up with the girl you love the most because you know she loves someone else and is not happy with you, will that bring you peace?

No, it won't.

When you kill the person who killed your child, will that make you dissatisfied? True, it won't bring your child back, but that's the wrong way of looking at it. You have stopped this murderer from ever taking another life again.

That is peace.

Filipino. I basically flunked the check up quiz because I neglected to read the last three pages of Katamaran ng Pilipino by Jose Rizal. I felt horrible, because I didn't even try. Mom's words flashed into my head right after the quiz. At some point, and I feel guilty for admitting this, I actually felt that she was right. Advanced Filipino just isn't worth it. Flunking the tests and getting low grades, and for what? Filipino has no future. All the Filipinos are now taking extra-English classes, and when foreigners come to the Philippines, the Filipinos always speak English with them and not the other way around. In your college application, it won't say whether you were in Advanced Filipino or not, but it will say the grade you got.

Heck, I don't even blog in Filipino!

And that's when I had to mentally kick myself. This is FILIPINO, we're talking about! Filipino. I don't give a flying rat's ass whether it's useful, has a future or what the hell ever. It's Filipino--part of my soul. Part of my life. I can't and won't separate from it.

I want to stay, so long as my grades allow it. Because Filipino is fast becoming an extinct language--isn't that more reason to learn it? To preserve it? Even when it's no longer spoken on the streets of the Philippines, even when every last book written in it crumbles to dust, Filipino will live on in my heart--our hearts.

........................................................................................

Elsewhere, I played Badminton with Charles in the crappy High School court today. There were newspapers all over it. So I made an attempt to give Charles some semblance of formal training by showing him the forms, the correct swing, how to smash, how to hold his racket. A tad later, his friends showed up and started walking around the court.

I dunno about him, but I sure had a lot of fun.

Anyway, afterwards, I went straight to Dr. Leung's, but in the car, I camwhored to my heart's content.

Well, myself, that is. Yes, I'm vain. I know. I know. Shut up.

I got to Dr. Leung's, and while I was having the braces rewired, the lady who was tying the support wire to the existing wire yanked a bit too hard (yeah, I'm feeling it in the molar now) and the entire bracket popped off.

So they remedied it, and I eventually got home.

I also had a great talk with Henry, JV, Mark (Tan), Arvin and Kyle a while ago.

My braces are light blue.

Baby, It's Fact by Hellogoodbye (I found this song on Chantal's Multiply)

Just in case they're wondering, they've got us pinned terribly.
They don't believe our love is real, cos they don't know how real love feels.

You should know it's true
Just now, the part about my love for you,
And how my hearts about to burst into a thousand pieces
So, it must be true

And they'll believe us too, soon

Baby, it's fact, our love is true.
The way black is black, and blue is just blue.
My love is true, it's a matter of fact.
Oh, and you love me too; it's a simple as that.
Baby, our love is true.

They may say some awful things, but there's no point in listening.
Your words are the only words that I believe in afterwards.

You should know it's true
Just now, the part about my love for you,
And how my hearts about to burst into a thousand pieces
So, it must be true
And they'll believe us too, soon

Baby, it's fact, our love is true.
The way black is black, and blue is just blue.
My love is true, it's a matter of fact.
Oh, and you love me too; it's a simple as that.
Baby, our love is true.

It's true.

Baby, it's fact, our love is true.
The way black is black, and blue is just blue.
My love is true, it's a matter of fact.
Oh, and you love me too; it's a simple as that.
Baby, our love is true.

Baby, it's fact, our love is true.
The way black is black, and blue is just blue.
My love is true, it's a matter of fact.
Oh, and you love me too; it's a simple as that.
Baby, our love is true.

Baby, it's fact, our love is true.
Baby, it's fact.


Okay, okay, so the lyrics aren't much. I dunno what genre this is, but these are the kinds of songs I love!

The tune is awesome.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i would have most certainly hated it if i heard his stereotyping lectures.

Canadian Autumn said...

oh i'm positive you most certainly would have

Anonymous said...

聪明可爱的台山人,读了你的博客,非常喜欢,像看你的日记一样,给我很多的惊喜。今天有台风,可能明后天都放假。好好休息休息吧。

Canadian Autumn said...

哦!叶老师!真谢谢你.

我真的要休息休息.您也休息!我们两个才可以星期五好好儿上学.