Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Crazy, Hazy, Lazy Doggone Days

This morning, I had quite a bit of trouble getting up out of my nice, warm bed (a phrase Aldwin's always repeated to me, time and again when I badger him about being late, comes to mind: "Ang sarap matulog, e.") and getting ready for school. Considering that I slept at 9:30 last night, and when I slept at 1:00++ the night before that one, I was able to wake up at 5:00 am, that's pretty unsettling.

Maybe I ought to sleep late more...

...

Nah.

So since today's a Tuesday, there's a haircut inspection in school after the assembly.

As soon as I finished bathing and checked my hair in the mirror, I knew I was a goner.

1) Too long
2) With the shampoo I used on it, it's now more slippery, softer and it looked a hell of a lot longer than was accepted. Oh crap.

So I got to school, worried like hell, when all of a sudden, I'm walking with Raphie and JV and bemoaning about my flawless H3 record being besmirched by green death ladida when JV suddenly interjects that there won't be a haircut inspection today.

...

First reaction: FUCKING WHAT DID YOU SAY????

...

Second reaction: OMG I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

*does a happy dance*

Yep yep yep!

So while Raphie and I line up, we scheme to help me escape Mr. Manahan's inevitable "wrath" (it's not really wrath, because he's really kind). Raphie commented how I could hide behind Dominic.

I KNOW you know that i have history with this human. I shot the idea down at once.

Now when we finally got to Mr. Manahan at the top of the stairs, I just hid behind Raphie and all was fine.

English:

Ms. Magallona was trying to elicit some feedback from us before the quiz on One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.

Ms. Magallona: Who thought the movie was good?
Carlo: *raises hand*
Ms. Magallona: Carlo? It's not because of the girls, is it?
Carlo: No, uh, actually, the girls sucked.
Lee (Panopio): Literally.

I howled with laughter at this point. The weeks have just been so dreary lately that I've been reduced to finding shallow joy at the slightest hint of a joke. I know I'm sad. Shut up. I said, shut up!

Carlo: *yadda yadda yadda* because the people let themselves be touched. *pauses, looking at Lee* Figuratively.

Later...

Ms. Magallona: Who're the bad boys in class?
Lee points to Leigh, Alfonso (Solano) points to Lee, both say "Leigh/Lee."

Later still...

Ms. Magallona: How would you feel if, like, your girlfriend cheated on you? Let's say she cheated with Alfonso.

Okay, this was just dead funny. If you don't get the implications of that, then... *sticks tongue out*

Chinese!

葉老師: 用 "把" 造一個句子.
王芳理: 皇帝把大便聞聞.
楊寧爾: 老師, 我要報仇.
葉老師: 來吧, 我們看看你能不能報仇.
楊寧爾: 芳理把尿嘗嘗.
(全班狂笑)
葉老師: 很好!

What a tiring day!

Oh... Lesley saw me outside school... she's actually been seeing me every other day...

Interesting.

She's gonna say hi, next time!

This song, I fear, has been stuck in my head for the past few days:

天生天養 - 劉德華 (用粵但有國)

天生不想競技
哪個有翼會飛
浮雲何必跟那海水去相比
抄低這種見地
我愛我的因我覺得 歡喜

天生不懂顧慮
我渴了便喝水
纏綿微雨怎會捨得我的嘴
不想走可以睡
我有我的不要我的懶得追

天生天養 邊走邊唱
聆聽自己的心至上
不理風向
沒華麗的色相
面對天空開個唱

即使身手太嫩
我有我大戲院
為何隨馬戲團表演跳火圈
忠於私己意願
我這角色總算親手 去挑選

喜歡的東西抱著走
若以前不怕一個清風兩袖
誰又怕會失手

Something I find very nice about this song is that it gives me this carefree, to-hell-with-the-others-I'm-just-gonna-be-me feeling (that I've only recently discovered since I've started hanging with someone). That's exactly how I want to feel.

I'd scream this song from the rooftop of my house if I could find a way to get up there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

english sounds like fun but you still learn! peterson hates your teacher coz she gave him a G in conduct and won't budge. is she that awful?

Canadian Autumn said...

okay you need to put your name.

Anonymous said...

peter's friend

Canadian Autumn said...

Well, if you can get by known as "Peter's Friend", then that says something about just how many friends he has.

Peterson may hate her, but I assure you, she isn't awful. She's one of the best English teachers I've had in a while.