Sunday, September 17, 2006

I know, I know, I haven't been updating religiously

But you see, I simply haven't the time. School and life has been getting in the way.

I'm sure you people can relate. Here's an update on the bigger things that've been happening recently.

1) Retlaw and Tea. My God. What just happened here? How're things gonna be afterwards? I have no idea. But it's bound not to be pretty.

2) Mark Ong has been getting on my nerves recently. Now I have TRIED to be as tolerant as possible with this person but enough is enough. He acts like a five year old girl. What's worse, he reacts like a five year old girl, too. Seriously, he has to grow up. Now.

3) Raphie has been irritated with almost everybody lately. And infinitely paranoid. To the point that I was actually a bit hurt with some of the things he said. Where is the trust? I mean c'mon, believe in your friends. That's why we're your friends!

4) Henry has been terribly distant as of late. Actually, since the year began. What has happened here? I remember our YM conversations that would last for hours and hours, and now the most he'll yield to give is 30 seconds of his time just to say "nothing" to me. He won't even talk to me in school. We don't walk around school and bug teachers like we used to. He doesn't talk to me. What is up with that? When one of your best friends doesn't talk to you, you KNOW something is terribly wrong.

5) Jackie and I have reaffirmed our best-friend status. This makes me immensely happy. Over the past few months, the friendship has been wasting away and falling into learning to live without the old talks. She texted me, and then there was her Days, and I was just so happy.

6) Walter and I have been getting closer. This is very good. And since this is about all I can say about stuff, I will stop here.

7) Kenn and I are not doing fine. As of late, we have been slowly deteriorating to talking about, as he would say, "burgers and fries". Now I don't know about him, but that frustrates me. I do not want to talk shallow with Kenn of all people! And yet what choice do we have? We don't even connect.

8) The Parents and I have had a rift lately. It all began with them forcing Andrew not to pick me up until three hours later at Dr. Leung's. Ever since, I've been antagonistic and hostile towards them. This animosity isn't exactly the best thing to live around, and I tried once, but it all went to hell when I got forced to stay late in school because they went out late and I couldn't go to Dr. Leung's to have my braces put on on Wednesday.

I just saw Brooke kiss Payton on the mouth on DVD. And I just saw my brothers rewind and play.

Well, that's basically all of my neurotics. It doesn't make a lot of sense to some of you, but it's who I am at this moment.

So anyway.

I have gotten through this patch of negative music lately, and spearheaded by 天生天養 by Andy Lau, I've been into positive, Devil-May-Care music lately. Here's the next one:

夕陽無限好 陳奕迅

多經典的歌後 一剎眼已走
纏綿著青蔥的山丘 轉眼變蟻丘
這個剎那宇宙 拒絕永久
世事無常還是未看夠 還未看透

多好玩的東西 早晚會放低
從前並肩的好兄弟 可會撐到底
愛侶愛到一個地步 便另覓安慰
枉當初苦苦送禮 最艷的花萎 最後化爛泥

夕陽無限好 天色已黃昏
本想去憑愛 去換最燦爛一生
想不到長吻 帶來更永恆傷感
夕陽無限好 卻是近黃昏
高峰的快感 剎那失憾
風花雪月不肯等人 要獻便獻吻

多風光的海島 一秒變廢土
長存在心底的傾慕 可會夠細數
每秒每晚彷似大盜
偷走的青春一天天變老
只可追憶到 想追追不到

好風景多的是 夕陽平常事
然而每天眼見的 永遠不相似

And, it's Cantonese. Sorry, Kenn! Hello, Nicky.

Now this song just ROCKS. The tune is godly. I'm sending it to Nicky pronto.

Yes, I know how people feel about Cantonese (Walter, Kenn, Chai, Andrew, Alex, Mom, etc...) but it's beautiful to me. I just hope they can accept that.


No comments: