Friday, October 20, 2006

The Problem With Me

is that when I blog, I always want to blog about past events, but I don't blog regularly. So by the time I actually do get to blogging about things, they've already been forgotten.

So I'll blog about today.

Or rather, I'll begin with last night.

Kenn, Timothy Jones Quidilla and I are a group (along with Waldon, Blair and Charles Sy) in English, and we created our own song. The thing was that the vicissitude of our song's tune kept getting in the way, I did not know how the song went at all, synching with the guitar, etc...

So Kenn, TJ and I three-wayed and practiced and edited all the way til twelve in the morning, at which time I still had to study Noli until about one. Then I slept and awoke at six, scurried off to school only to realize that I wasn't going to be reporting in Soc Sci, Science, we did pretty well (I think), Math gave me several minuses, Filipino's quiz as well, Chinese finished Hua Hao Yue Yuan and English just explained some Shakesperean expressions, which were all just an elaborate ploy to say "You have to read Shakespeare's Caesar."

Just before Chinese, during Lunch, Kenn, Waldon, TJ and I went to the Chinese Advanced Classroom and sat and practiced, and we got the hang of it, but when I sang the song out and we replayed it from the recording, it was ugly!

So Kenn sang it instead and we got it over with.

P.E. had us being shown by Mr. Herrera what the "disarm" was, as well as some dancers.

The DISARM is cool!

Anyway, it's Uncle Lolo William's birthday today. Happy Birthday, Uncle Lolo!

Anyway, I asked a few things (about Fukien) and here're the replies:

彷彿 hong hut
否 hio
毋 bu
勿 but
吉 kiet
爛泥 lan ni
或者 hiak zia
指導員 sit to guan
文雅 bun nga
割 kua^
招待 ziao thai
副手 hu chiu
乾 knua (I mistook this for "song", so when my mom said "suan na knua", I was wondering exactly what she meant by a "Mango Song")

Oh, and an extra tidbit of info...

檨仔 is how the Taiwanese write "mango" suan na. You guys decide. (Mandarin: she1)

No comments: