Thursday, October 12, 2006

I Have Been Neglecting This Blog, Haven't I?

Well, it's not like I WANT to. When I get home, I'm usually exhausted and just want to sleep for a bit, and have a mini-headache. But unfortunately, before I can do anything about it, it's then I realize that I've still got a truckload of homework to do.

So I weigh the scales. Nice, warm, comfy bed in cold room, or the backbreaking piles of homework beefing it up for me.

And yet again, responsibility wins.

Seriously, my after-school headaches have been getting steadily heavier throughout the week and it's gotten to the point where it's pounding to break my skull at dismissal. I promise myself a nap in the car for temporary relief, then a nice long 2 hour nap at home, but--curse it all--when I wake up, I'm in no mood to sleep anymore.

So I end up doing homework.

I've been camwhoring in school again, lately, and my reputation's apparently been growing.

And here's the inevitable update on my life.

At the beginning of the second quarter, I was horrible and irresponsible, which caused me to fail Filipino and Science--two subjects I am really quite neutral in. Math has been doing considerably better, though.

In fact, I just realized how much better I was doing in Math when Mr. Sy chalked an item from our PSAT (to be discussed later) reviewer onto the board. It was algebra. It looked positively foreign to me. Geometry and Proving really is my saving grace.

So, going back to the aforementioned Fil-Sci slump, I've picked up quite well since then (Science: failed every quiz, then it became a minus-one every quiz. Filipino: zero in every quiz, then became a perfect in every quiz), it's just that I don't believe I'll be able to get my grades up high enough to achieve honors. I think I'll lose honors. Oh no.

Cantonese, Hoisaan and Hokkien are all making comebacks!

Some of Dad's relatives came back from America for Bak Gong's 10th death anniversary (I was six when he died). It's sad, really, how I didn't know he was my great grandfather until he'd passed on. The only real memory I have of him is this one afternoon at Auntie Joanna's when he was sitting outside on their porch and I was chatting with him. Of course, at the time, I didn't know he only spoke Hoisaan (heck, I didn't even KNOW what Hoisaan was), so I kept talking Hokkien with him, and we never understood each other. I assumed I couldn't understand him because he was old and couldn't enunciate words very clearly anymore.

On that same afternoon, Andrew came to pick me up (he was nine), and Bak Gong said something just as we were about to go back inside and say goodbye to Auntie Joanna. I didn't understand--it seemed a bit slurred to me--and I asked him, "What?"

Andrew then said, "I think he wants you to behave." It was fairly nonsequitur-ish--I wasn't even doing anything. I was just sort of standing there.

God, how I wish I could've just said something.

Now he's been dead for ten years and all I can do is regret. And regret.

The eulogy 余偉強 (according to dad, he's the 余風采堂 "secretary for life 恆秘書") gave him was something like his lifestory, but it had a slightly praising tinge to it. No, not that I understood it at all. It was Angin that explained it to me. I got him reading the words in Hoisaan on video. *grin*

So the PSAT. I'm not gonna go into detail about it, but let's just say that I was dizzy, light-headed and head-aching when I finished the test. Seriously--not good for the brain.

Okay, as an "aside" of sorts, I'm browsing the Yee Fung Toi Hong 余風采堂 website and... wow. My dad and grandma are even in some of the pictures. Then my dad's relatives are all over the news... wow.

I'm gonna make it there, some day!

It's Charles' birthday today.

I'm about to finish my Computer and Chinese Computer assignments.

And here's something to remind everyone of their Days commitments:

I Stand For You by Tree63

Jesus, I stand for You
No matter what You lead me through
They will chase me out and close me down
But Jesus I’ll stand for You

I’ll always stand
I’ll always stand
I’ll always stand for You

Jesus, I’ve stood my ground
When unbelief was all around
And I have felt the sting rejection brings
But Jesus I still stand for You

I’ll always stand
I’ll always stand
I’ll always stand for You

A time will come when everyone
Will turn their eyes on the Risen Son
But until that day, this world will turn away
And so I’ll take Your hand
I’ll always stand for You

Guilty of disgrace
But You took my place
So Jesus, I’ll always stand for You

I’ll always stand
I’ll always stand
I’ll always stand for You


No comments: