Friday, July 07, 2006

The Get-The-Thing-From-Char-Gone-Wrong-Gone-Good-Gone-Okay Escapade

I met Kenn's mom. I don't know why that's such a big thing.

I will start from the beginning... which is the end of the day's classes.

Charles Sy, with whom I am becoming fast friends, was with me here, but I found it immensely bothersome that he enjoyed pain. As in, he spent the entirety of the final twenty minutes of Fencing telling me how much he loved pain and how it was what gave him energy. Of course, there was something else, but I'm not gonna go behind his back and backstab him, given what the situation actually is. The point is, I know I shouldn't be surprised, given my history with people like JV, but Charles is just not the type. He's... wholesome. Very, very wholesome.

During Fencing, we had this mirror thing of some sort with which to compare/fix our en guarde stances, and when Lawrence (my partner when we practiced the Advance Lunge) and I got up to do our thing, I caught a glimpse of myself from far away.

I LOOK SKELETAL. MY GOSH. If I lost any more weight, I'd be like an umbrella handle! God.

I promise to eat more.

Anyway, I walk upstairs to look for Kenn, because we'd agreed to leave together and go to Starbucks to meet Char.

It's a good thing I prompted him, because by the time we'd gotten on our way, Char was ready to leave. We actually only came across her (and her mom and car) on the road in traffic. So she hands me the thing and then leaves right away, and, at four eleven, our mission accomplished, now what?

We decide to head to Starbucks anyway, just to cool off, since Kenn's mom would fetch him at four thirty. When we get there, we see that Starbucks is full, so we head over to Ice Monster and drop our bags (with immense relief). I ordered me a mango split, Kenn had cough, so he didn't order. Kenn's mom comes and treats us to Pancake House. Wow.

We chat for about half an hour, and Kenn's mom generously buys me pancakes. Hmm... I shared this later with dad and mom, and we all agreed that the butter was delicious. I have no idea what they put in that butter.

Anyway, we had a good chat. My Fukien is abhorrent though. I realized that today. Whenever I opened my mouth to speak, I'd forget all the right words and everything would come out in a jumbled rush of madness with incorrectly formed words. My Fukien needs a lot of work. I dunno though. When I speak with my family, I'm 110% fine. When I'm with others (particularly Fukien moms), it's like the Fukien-speaking part of my brains goes to mush.

Ngrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Gah. LYUN NGAP!

God I'm brainless. Anyway, I've met Kenn's, Walter's, Jackie's, Christian's, Charlene's and Adrienne's moms. Interesting...

Only One Too by Jewel

I am talking but you can't quite hear what I say
I come closer but you push me away
I should leave but I don't have the strength
I can't think
Please, can't you see that I am down on my knees?
My heart's in your hand and you squeeze
I want the whole thing but you give me a part

It's time you start
So I push and I pull, and I don't know which way to go

Stop me, stop me from falling cause you can see, see where this is going
If you love me, why do you leave me?
If you need me, then I’ll love you only when I am the only one too


I just can't make you understand I want your heart but you hold up you're hand
You say space is what you need
But you want me to be true to just you while you get to do whatever you want to

Stop me, stop me from falling cause you can see, see where this is going
If you love me, why do you leave me?
If you need me, then I’ll love you only when I am the only one too

You'll never stop
It's gotta change
You don't want a lover; you want a world of slaves

I can't resist falling into those arms, those boyish charms
You think I won't leave
Yes, you’re good, but not so good I can’t see

Stop me, I can see, see where this is going
If you love me
Stop me, stop me from falling cause you can see, see where this is going
If you love me, why do you leave me?
If you need me, then I’ll love you only when I am the only one too
Then I’ll love you only when I am the only one too
I’ll love you only when I am the only one too

No comments: