Friday, June 30, 2006

Screw Mandarin

Kenn Tong: fukien is endangered species
Kenn Tong: if our generation speaks it at their homes, it something to be proud about
Kenn Tong: this gen i mean
Charlene Chan: ohhh
Charlene Chan: but everyone is like, ya'll learn mandarin. it's the more important one
Kenn Tong: screw mandarin
Kenn Tong: i'd say the f word but chai's here
Kenn Tong: :D
Kenn Tong: learn ur dialect first

This bit of conversation I had with Char and Kenn made me burst with pride. I wonder why.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


taken from: http://www.zanhei.com/faq.html

I think I've just fallen in love with the Shanghainese. Take that, you fucking close-minded Northerners! The Shanghainese whom you consider "lower" than you are in fact several mountains above you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

now how can that make the shanghainese mountains higher than us? ^-^