Tuesday, December 19, 2006

忘了你我就活不了

Some days, your luck is just wicked.

Today was a completely uneventful day, just sitting at home and trying to busy myself with all things Chinese so that I wouldn't just die of boredom all of a sudden.

Then, guess what?

I got the autographed postcard that the folks at AaronLines.com were referring to in my mail, and a link to Aaron's special song, "I Thank You".

Yep.

I have the song.

Yep.

*nods vigorously*

Now, I was expecting something like Unloving You, which basically showcased the balladeer in Aaron. But this one... wow. This one was amazing. Strong vocals, ripping guitars, simple but meaningful lyrics, catchy tune... less than three (<3).

好感動哦!

其實我非容易被感動, 可是這歌詞和歌手的唱法真的特別動人.

I can't share the lyrics or the song with the world, as much as I'd like to.

Hehehe... I am so happy I pre-ordered that CD.


P.S. In case you were wondering about the title, it's a line from 燃燒" ("你 躲在我心裡 讓我有心跳 忘了你我就活不了"). I was trying to come up with a suitable translation, but it sounds cheesy/dumb in the other languages that I know. Chinese is waaaay poetic.

English: If I forget you, I won't be able to live.
Filipino: Kung makalimutan kita, hindi na ako mabubuhay.

Speaking of things, there's a sale in MegaMall this Christmas.

Yes, that's right. Any Filipino's eyes would be popping out right now, while at the same time getting dressed to head on over there and take advantage of the situation. Seriously!

When has MegaMall EVER had sales during Christmas? If anything, it should be a preposterous mark-up of astronomical proportions. Business is bad this year. Gosh.



Hokkien song! Betcha you've never heard on of those, have you??? HAVE YOU??? (my friends are not included, as most have heard at least one from me).

Don't rely too much on the lyrics though... that's basically a lot of Taiwanese guessing or and homophones for which characters fit which sounds. I wonder why on earth they used 代志 for "problem". I'm certain "tai" is not written like that. In fact, I think the character should be 大.

But that's all guessing. Back to my Aaron Lines song!




No comments: