Friday, January 12, 2007

We're meant to be; the stars are screaming it

I checked Wikipedia. My opposite (in this case, the good opposite/the natural partner) as a Gemini is a Sagittarius. I knew it.

Haaaaay.

Thursday:

I got called by Mr. Santos and we just sort of reviewed that sheet that I filled up last year, for guidance. I hadn't realized how much I'd changed since.

Ate up all of Soc. Sci.

While I was trying to talk, my really bad cough and cold got in the way and I had to keep pausing to negotiate this bad sore throat that I couldn't clear. Plus, a lot of phlegm.

Anyhow, Lee Panopio brought along this strange fake gun thing (CAT? I don't think he's part of it though) to English class, and then Ms. Magallona asked if they could use it for some activity. He replied, "You want to play with my stick?"

Long, blank silence.

Then, we made Julius Caesar sound like a really gay book. Ms. Magallona herself even commented once, "We chose Julius Caesar for H3 because supposedly, it's the novel without any sex, but my God, this class..." And then that day, "You even made fun of the word, "ho", I mean, c'mon..."

Yeah, see the characters in the book kept saying, "Peace, ho!" or "Stand, ho!" or "*random word*, ho!" and every single time, we'd over-emphasize it. Hilarious! And Ms. Magallona was really cool about it, laughing and laughing along with us. Wicked!

And then there were... Titinius and Clitus... whose names appeared quite frequently in the book, and Clitus' (assigned to Richmond) name was repeated by almost every character in Act 5 rofl.

Also, Science time, Mr. Chua had a fit because while I tried to teach in class, all of us were noisy and wouldn't listen, so he made us learn Combined Gas Law in 15 minutes. Quite effective, if you ask me. The class sure learned its lesson. The following day (today), the class paid attention.

Last, for Thursday, I had a "session" with Ye laoshi and Lawrence. It was... not very fruitful. Next time!

So, today... I was asked by Laoshi to do the prayer, and I had to rewrite it the day before. Then I wrote it this morning and went up. Then laoshi came up shortly after and said she was there to say the prayer in case I didn't show up. I asked if she didn't believe I would show up. She said she did, but she knew sometimes people might get caught in traffic or something might happen (as apparently, that's what happened last year). So we practiced one more time, and she told me to read slower.

I said the prayer, and laoshi told me I did really well. I went back down. The only person that even considered it was me was Hamilton, who was outside and had just written out the attendance sheet when I arrived. He said, "Nice one, Allen."

I said a shaky thanks and went inside. No one commented, much to my relief.

I was very nervous. I dunno why, though.

We also finally performed in Chinese. We did quite well, I think, although Kenn missed some of the important lines that we'd be graded on, he kept the whole thing running the whole time, and for that, I'm thankful. It's over. But I also got regrouped. From the original Kenn, Walt, Mark (Ong), Audren and me, it's now Henry, Audren, Kurt (See), Spencer and me.

Oh and speaking of which, Spencer and I have been talking lately. That's very strange. Mostly about Heroes. He liked Heroes 5 and 4.

Speaking of, a while ago, during the Gathering (yes, the Gathering), we were asked what kind of heroes we wanted to be. I imagined the ability to control water (since that just utterly fascinates me), but then I thought of the ability to heal people. Just imagine--if I could do that, I could take away peoples' pain. I think that's a very powerful gift--to be able to ease their suffering.

I'd love to be able to do that for some people.

I flunked so many quizzes today.

Soc Sci, English, but not Math. Thank God.

I got my card, too, and I got an 85 in math, when i was convinced the highest i'd get was an 80.

99 in Chinese, and I wasn't even trying. My goodness.

90 in English... Boo.

At least Filipino was reasonably okay.

C.L.E. 95 hth... (How the hell?????)

Thus ends another blog entry.

Some quotes from teachers:

Mr. Sy

- "Choking the chicken!"

- "Rubbers!"

- "I'm married... that's like the living death already."

- mr. Sy (that decapitalized "mr" will kill the O.C. people. I love being cruel.): "*in reference to Mrs. Manatad* You know who's a good teacher?" *points to the classroom where she is currently teaching*
Stanly: "So you bow down to her?"
Mr. Sy: *pretends to bow down* "I am not worthy to lie in her dirty bath water." *grimaces at self*
Raphie: That's horrible!
Kenn: Have you ever been there?
Mr. Sy: *bad sign*

ms. (CRUELTY to the O.C.!!!) Magallona:

- Ms. Magallona: "Given Brutus' premium on honor, do you agree ... *reads the rest of the question, that asks whether you agree that how Brutus died, given his view on honor.*"
Henry: Do you mean we have to give other ways to die?

So that's all folks! Have a great weekend! (I know I will)

No comments: