Saturday, February 24, 2007

Some intense P.E. + Unplugged + Irresponsible Parents = ?

Fridays, Fridays, Fridays.

I think someone should ban them. Especially the latter p.m. hours.

Yeah, see, first of all, I got to P.E. second after Marvin (Mendoza), and, since Mr. Zabala declared it free time, we got to playing all the way til about ten minutes before time, at which point we just watched John (sp?) Gan singelhandedly beat the crap out of the guy we know online as Redwense (forgot his real name), and Joesan Soon. It was fun, really.

Anyhow, at first I could beat Marvin, then he started beating me, and I got really weak and tired. By the end of the whole thing, my shoulder and shoulder blade were hurting. This morning, I realized my entire right leg was painful, too. Wow, I suck these days.

So then after that, I went to Unplugged, which was quite delayed. Kenn and I practiced a little more (with Ye laoshi going all 偷聽 on us because she wanted a sneak preview). We got in and it was freezing cold, but we just sat there. I was terrified, because I had neglected to bring my jacket. Why did the jacket matter so much?

Well, during Flying Solo, that Likas Gilas thingy with Jeffrey Hidalgo as a guest star, I sang... and I kept running out of breath because of the cold. So we sat through the first performance, with Hazel Wong commentating and the whole Chinese department singing. Jerry Fong (Fung? Feng? Fang?) was doing a solo with Bro. Ang. I turned around and saw Raphie sitting there. He waved hi. I smiled back unsteadily in thanks.

When they finished, it was ... US!!! I went upstage and started giving my reflection on the song. I just kept talking and talking... so eventually, I had to cut myself off. Then I started singing. I lost my breath on the first few lines actually.

It was okay, though. From where I was standing, I could see Demi Tian and Amanda Lu singing along with me for support. It felt uplifting.

Eventually, I finished, and inwardly lauded Kenn's absolutely striking performance. I felt good. Like this weight had been lifted off my chest.

Priscilla Chang sang 遇見 by 孫燕姿. An amazing song all in all.
Amanda Lu and Sherwin Su sang 一千零一個願望.
Ian Ronato sang Burn by Tina Turner and Broken by Amy Lee and that guy.
Demi Tian and Bro. Ang sang this song.
Then Yolly Reyes and Maria Go sang this song.

All in all, very not bad. There was even a joss stick ceremony before everything that really warmed me with its scent before I sang.

Afterwards, everyone kept telling me I did well. Seriously, I didn't.

I went home at about eight. After several very confusing phonecalls, eventually, I realized that Joel not only could not make it 5:30 like I said, but was still in Laguna all the way til ten! Gina and Rosanna took a cab to pick me up under mom's orders.

Yeah, mom and dad were using the driver, and somehow neglected to mention that they were going to be in Laguna till late, late in the night.

Oh well. A tiring but okay-ish week.

No comments: