Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Chem Magic

I was terrified, really.

I flunked the Chinese Yue Du and English Saving Private Ryan quiz. I thought that the third time would be the charm, and lead me to completely die of shame in the Chem Magic.

But there IS a God after all.

Amazingly, even though the practice the day before was more sabog than Pearl Harbor, today, there was something different that you could taste in the air. This was it. The second we entered the lab, and saw the vines that Jacques (and the props group) had strung up around the lecture area, where we'd painstakingly practiced all those many times, I felt like I was in one of those scenes in those movies where the lead walks into a place that's really important and there's this uplifting instrumental music and a pan of the area. It was wicked. We ran around like headless chickens for a while, but eventually got everything tied down in the right way. After snapping a picture, we all went over to the opposite lab for a prayer, some instructions and an introduction, and Advanced's presentation.

It was strange in that I couldn't understand what was going on, and it just ended.

Strange. Anyhow, after that, it was our turn, and everyone ran to the lecture area to finally prepare. I took up the spotlight and turned it on, and the magic began.

It's a pity that I couldn't just sit around and not do anything. I was constantly moving the spot light, which I felt was a little unnecessary. Eventually, we finished, and... I mean, wow. Even I was blown away at how well it was executed.

I will be blunt. I think my class should win. But then again, who doesn't?

Sections H3AC and H3G did their things. A few notes: G's Flying Chin Attack (don't ask) was totally copied out of H2BC's Body Works last year. Wesley plays arrogant very well (he also thanked me for saying so a while ago). Manny is the MONSTER!!!

Anyway... that's all. The Chem Magic made my day. WHEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Mr. Chua brought us back to the classroom afterwards, raving about how fantastic we'd done all the way from the Chem lab. He was particularly fond of the part where Dominic was trying to get the Smoke Bomb to spark, and failed three or four times with the match that kept blowing out, yelling, "I'm a chemist! I'm a chemist!" Hilarious!

Then Pohan produced the solution for the Exploding Chua Bears (don't ask. Haha!) and while it sparked, Dominic was "knocked away", and Lee suddenly produced a gun, yelled out charges (theft, murder, rape, etc...). And the whole time, Pohan was still holding the test tube with the scintillating gummy bear inside, searching frantically around the room for someone to hand it to when all of a sudden, Lee tells him, "Put that down!" then after a pause, "somewhere safe!".

And at the very end, Kenn, Lee and Dominic didn't follow the vapid exit motion... instead, Kenn yelled, "Oh, no, it's prepaid!" Lee replied, "And so?", to which Kenn finally called out the punchline, "We have no load!"

END!!!!!!! Bwahahahahahaha! I love our group.

Afterwards, Mr. Chua further expressed how proud he was of us, and that made me proud, too.

He deserves it, after all. After getting cut from the Variety Show, he deserves all the pride and happiness he can still have.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lucky you.

our chem magic was screwed. 4 minutes overtime, poor stage design, plus a number of reactions ending up unexecuted.

we got last place.